Our reviews come in all shapes and sizes. Some of our contributors submit cute, quirky lists of reasons why they think a book deserves more attention. Other contributors submit serious, critical analyses with a more academic tone. Ultimately, it's up to you. What matters most to us is that your recommendation is heartfelt.
With your submission, please include a short bio and headshot. Before submitting, please check out some of our favorites:
- Travis Chi Wing Lau's "The Gain of a Deaf Republic"
- Sherell Barbee's "The Love of an Old Friend: Remembering Monica Hand"
- Brian Dunlap's "Palm Frond with Its Throat Cut by Vickie Vértiz"
- Jigar Brahmbhatt's "Kaushik Barua's No Direction Home"
- Jacob Budenz's "Celebrating the Humor and Humanity of Black Women in Not Without Our Laughter"
- Carissa Halston's "Stories About Scars"
- Patrick Hicks's "Imagination and Language Combine To Make Spirits In the Head"
- Chris Wiewiora’s "X Marks the Spot Where Four Months Converge"
Is there an author out there you're dying to interview? Send her an email and make the request. We're always in need of exciting, engaging interviews that ask great questions and inspire great answers.
With your submission, please include your short bio and a headshot. Before submitting, check out some of our favorite interviews:
- Ruth Danon's and Martin Ott's "The Shock of the Election"
- Peg Alford Pursell's and Nancy Au's "Language and Laughter: Two Writers in Conversation"
- Dante Di Stefano's and J.G. McClure's "In the End, There's Only Love"
- Erica Bernheim's "An Interview with Grace Talusan, author of The Body Papers"
- Dana Diehl's "I Know I'm Somewhere New: An Interview with Chelsea Biondolillo"
- Cathy Ulrich's and Lindsay Lerman's "Death, Women, and Dead Women"
- Michelle Ross's "The Light Source: An Interview with Kim Magowan"